Best Part of Push-ups is that you can do them anywhere, any time without any cost and without any equipment. Today we will see benefits of push-ups if we do them daily as a routine they will very useful for our upper part of the body.
Push-ups are most effective in strengthening the muscles around the shoulder joints.it is a compound exercise that uses muscles in the chest, shoulders, triceps, back, abs, and even the legs.
If We want to get more benefits from push ups we would gradually increase number of times we do and also we should use different variations.
And if we increase the number of pushups gradually it is important to build sufficient strength in the muscles.Overloading weak muscles can result in various injuries.
So today we will also discuss how can we increase strength of muscles Here are topics we will uncover in this article.
Contents In this article
Different Push-ups variations
How to do Push-ups? + Proper Forms to doing them
What are the benefits of push-ups?
How to Increase Muscle Strength to try various push-up variations.?
What are the Risks, Safety, and Precautions in Push-ups?
Various Push up variations —
There are several different variations of push ups researched from eight volunteers at 2015 study, compare these variations effects on different muscle groups:
- Standard Push-ups – The hands are shoulder-width apart and directly in line with the shoulders. The upper body, or trunk, lines up with the legs, and the body remains rigid throughout.
- Wide pushup -The distance between the hands is twice then the standard Push-ups.
- Narrow pushup – The hands are below the center of the breastbone, or sternum, with the thumb and forefinger of each hand touching.
- Backward pushup – The hands are shoulder-width apart but 20 cm behind the shoulders.
- Forward pushup – The hands are shoulder-width apart but 20 centimeters (cm) in front of the shoulders.
Backward Push-ups are good for improving upper body condition and strength.
Narrow Push-ups are best to increase the size, tone, or strength of their triceps and pecs.
How to do Push Ups —
The American Council on Exercise (ACE) recommends the following form in order to properly execute a push-up:
- Place your hands on the mat, shoulder-width apart, fingers facing forward.
- Brace your torso and fully extend your body, so that you’re in a plank position. Make sure your head and spine are aligned.
- While keeping the same body position, slowly lower your body toward the mat while allowing your elbows to shift outward.
- Once your chest or chin has reached floor level, press upward through the arms until they’re fully extended.
Tips to proper Forms for Push ups —
- Make your back straight and your core engaged.
- Don’t let your body sag down and arch your back.
- Make your butt down, not lifted.
Benefits of Push ups –>
1. Make Effective Cardiovascular System — Push ups supports heart health and promotes the reduction of stored body fat.Push-ups are compound exercise which engage multiple muscle groups.
When It works simultaneously our heart works harder to deliver oxygen to muscle tissue and this produces cardiovascular exercise for our body.
2 . Impressive Shape — When we do push ups regularly our entire body becomes strong enough to support its vertical shapes. The muscles responsible for supporting posture are strengthened and fine-tuned.
When We regularly engage in push ups, our body will naturally lean toward proper posture. This is one of the most influential passive benefits of push ups.
3 . Full Body Workout without cost — Thankfully, you don’t need an expensive gym membership – or even any equipment – to obtain an effective and thorough full-body workout.
By engaging in push up exercises, All of your major and minor muscle groups become active and being tired, which provide the same benefits as a traditional full body exercise performed at the gym on expensive and cumbersome equipment.
4. Increase Upper-body strength — Pushups seriously challenge your upper half.
“Pushups are a great upper-body strengthener,” says Stephanie Mansour, Chicago-based certified personal trainer. That’s because they work essentially your entire upper half, including the front of your chest.
According to LaReine Chabut, “When you do a push-up, you recruit your core muscles to help keep your back straight and assist you in pulling your belly button toward your spine.” They sculpt not just your arms but your chest, back and shoulders.
5. Strengthen bones — According to Mayo Clinic, weight-bearing exercises can help build strong bones and slow bone loss.
However, it is important to increase the number of pushups gradually to get more profits from them. Remember it No Pain No Gain
6 . Stroger Joint — The muscles and tendons in the shoulder area are responsible for keeping the upper arm bone in the shoulder socket. Pushups effects particularly area near to shoulder like joints near it.
7. Decrease Lower Back Injuries — By developing strength in this specific portion of your body You make its muscles stronger As a result our lower back which is responsible to balance our body becomes stronger.
Lower Back is an essential part of your body supports practically every movement If this part will become damaged from smaller tasks then this will feel pain on all tasks So we should take advantage of pushups and make it stronger.
8. Activate Full Body ,feel it fresh — Push ups are gradually high intensity exercise when we do that our heart flow blood very fast and all energy flow is also increase for that moment If we take proper diet after doing exercise this feels us more fresh and active by removing tiredness.
9. Improve Reaction time , Manage Balance and Stability –According to David Nordmark, author of the book Pushups for Everyone: Perfect Pushup Workout for Muscle Growth, Strength & Endurance,
“push-ups help improve your reaction time by helping to train your proprioceptive muscle fibers. These fibers are microscopic nerves that keep your body balanced. When you attempt a push-up these nerves are firing constantly in an effort to keep your body from tipping over. This trains them to respond more quickly to stimulation which aids your balance and speed.”
10. Burn Calories — push-ups are a great resistance-based compound exercise for building and toning the muscles, there are many weight loss benefits to be enjoyed when you do push-ups regularly.The more muscles you use, the harder your body is working which means the more calories you’ll be burning off.
11. Time Saver — Push ups are high intensity exercise If you have not much time to do all exercises you can push yourself with just pushups also . You can bust out several sets of push-ups in a matter of minutes.
12. Weight Loss — Push-ups will help you to build more muscle in your chest and upper body, and they’ll burn calories so you can burn fat and lose weight at the same time. So pushups are also beneficial for over-weighted peoples also.
These are those benefits which mostly being hidden from us there are many other benefits also which you can see in your body by doing pushups daily. For Example, Increase the mass of chest, strong muscles of solder, etc.
Increase Muscles strength —
Here Are Some Things you can try to increase your muscle strength.
- climbing stairs.
- hill walking.
- eat heart-healthy fats or high protein foods like almond, trout, fatty fish, canola oil, etc.
Risks, Safety and Precautions —
Zetlin said that If you’re recovering from a major injury, talk to a physical therapist first before attempting pushups .Some times pushups can increase joint issues around the wrists, elbows, or shoulders.You can use different options and takeaways for that .
If doing pushups causes any sharp pain, or if you hear a popping sound that’s accompanied by pain, stop immediately.
Many injuries result from using an improper technique. People should talk to a fitness instructor if they are unsure about how to perform the different variations of pushups.
If you want to protect your wrists, you can place your hands on dumbbells or pushup bars to keep them in a neutral position.
Some other Potential risks of doing pushups are also listed below:
- Back pain
- Wrist pain
- Elbow injury
- Reaching a fitness plateau — No pain Means No Gain
These all benefits will be apply if you gradually increase your pushups day by day with proper diets.
If you want to add something more in it you can comment about that below.
Don’t Forget to Share this post with your gym partner or Friends also.
Check These interesting posts also