If you are also searching about how to focus on studies or works if you distract while working or studies Then you should read this topic till the end because here I am going to teach you 3 easy steps on how to concentrate on studies for long hours with effective techniques of ending distractions.
These all techniques was founded by Chris Bailey from his many years of research and experiences. He applied different techniques on himself again and again and differentiate all reasons about why we did not able to focus for a long time.
He wrote many interesting ways and techniques in his book The Productivity Project: Accomplishing More by Managing Your Time, Attention, and Energy to concentrate on studies for long hours.
I Picked some interesting facts from his book which is easy and could be followed by everyone these can end all of our distractions. IF you want to learn all of her researches you can buy his book The Productivity Project: Accomplishing More by Managing Your Time, Attention, and Energy
Following are those three techniques which i picked from this great book.
- Six triggers
- Ingredients of productivity
- Biological prime time
These techniques can be used by anyone and are very simply to be use .They are explained in detail below.
1 . Six Triggers
Usually we did not complete our work on time and leave it for some time or days and thought that i will do that after that time or after some days.Author find ways why we did not start working on it in the present and do procastinate again and again. Chris found we procastinate because of following 6 reason which are our six triggers these are most reasons why we did not start study or work.
At first we will understand what are these six triggers then we will overcome them all. So following are these six triggers.
- Boring – We procrastinate because our work bored us.
- Frustration – We procrastinate because it frustrates us.
- Difficult – We procrastinate because it was difficult.
- Unstructured – We procrastinate because we don’t know how or where to start.
- Lack in personal meaning – We procrastinate because our work did not add value in our personal life.
- Lack in intrinsic rewards – We procrastinate because we work but it doesn’t produce visible results.
If we want to end procrastination, we would end these 6 triggers by using different techniques. To end them first we must identify them and then we can handle it. some of the techniques for ending them are followed.
Techniques to avoid these triggers –>
- End Boring – If you think your work is boring you can try different ideas to make it interesting. for example, if you are not able to study at home then try to change your environment and choose any different location like you can make it interesting by going and reading at the park.
- Ending Frustration – If you want to convert frustration to happiness you can set a timer and when the timer stops then start learning.
- End Difficulties – If your work is difficult then start doing it at a time when your mind works very fast like morning time One more way to end Difficulty you can go and work with a smart person that also can remove the difficulties.
- Ending Unstructuring – If your work is unstructured and you are not able to decide how to start, where to start or how to complete this amount of thing than the best way to ending it is you can create a plan topic by topic or article by article wise and write it on paper and then follow it.
- Ending Lack of personal meaning – If your work are not adding any personal meaning in your life Then you can add your work with your feelings. One way to add your work with your feeling is by sum your work with your vision or dream or wishes
- Ending Lack in intrinsic rewards – If you work enough but still not able to get results then you should reward yourself for your small achievements. for example, you can study half an hour and then you can reward yourself by playing a game or eating some delicious thing, etc
2. Ingredients of Productivity
Our productivity is the result of our time+energy+attention
so we would give us ingredients that improve our productivity one of the best ingredients for productivity is meditation which decreases our stress level and helps us to concentrate on our works with full attention and meditation will result in complete our work in less time and with more results.
3. Biological prime time
Every person’s mind works with full energy and gratitude at once on a day for example, for me that time is after 10 pm at night. when my body and mind works with my full potential . One of my friends uses his morning time because at that time his body and mind works with full of his potential . if you will also find your biological prime time then you can finish most difficult things also with full of your focus and concentration at that time so you must find your biological prime time.
So Now all of best these three steps you understand perfectly . I beleive that by applying them you will concentrate on studies for long time.
These are only some facts from that book If you will learn full book you will increase more productivity and will also give you a detailed idea of how you can improve your concentration on studies for long hours. The author wrote many interesting and knowledgeable quality researches on the book . Link to buy the book is The Productivity Project: Accomplishing More by Managing Your Time, Attention, and Energy.